Not in the mood for physical activities? We offer a variety of active sightseeing options. Whether you just want to escape the city for a few hours or for a full day, we can put together a trip that fits your needs. Individuals, small, and large groups are welcome. There are endless places to visit around Denver but some of the more popular destinations include the following:
- Visit the famous Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater – the world’s largest natural outdoor amphitheater!
- Stroll the shops in the small historic cowboy town of Golden
- Visit a gold mine and old mining town
- Enjoy history and views at Lookout Mountain’s Nature Center and Buffalo Bill’s Grave
- Drive to the top of a 14,000ft mountain by car!
- Also ask about our Colorado Springs sightseeing tours including riding the longest and highest cog train(CLOSED FOR THE SEASON) in the world to the top of Pikes Peak (over 14,000ft!), a visit to Manitu Springs, the Garden of the Gods, old Gold Camp Road and more. Minimum of 4 paying clients needed to run this Colorado Springs adventure.
Tours run daily (scroll down to book):
Year around 8:30am and 1pm
Half-day Active Sightseeing Tour
Explore the Rocky Mountains closest to Denver. Visit, see, and admire stunning views, rock formations, and other sights at only 30 minutes from downtown. Perfect if you just want to escape the city for a few hours. Feel free to combine any of the above options to create your own custom sightseeing trip!
NOTE: Add the “MICRO-BREWERY TOUR” for the same day for an extra $59.99/pp after your adventure! Call to book!
Full-day Active Sightseeing Tour
Spend an entire day in the Front Range, the Rocky Mountains closest to Denver. Visit several unique sites with beautiful views, natural scenery, and Colorado history. Feel free to combine any of the above options to create your own custom sightseeing trip!
Active Sightseeing Combo Adventure
Combine the 1/2 day active sightseeing adventure with any other adventure offered by Denver Adventures. For example, sightsee in the morning and mountain bike, rock climb, trail run, zipline, raft, snowshoe, snow tube or hike in the afternoon. Full day adventure prices start at $175/pp and include a 30 to 60-minute lunch break between activities (lunch not included).
Don’t see your date and time? Booking within 24 hours?
Call us 303-984-6151
Active Sightseeing Tours Include:
|Door-to-door transportation (pickup in greater Denver area)|
|Small snack, water, and Gatorade|
|Expert guidance to the Best spots|
|$10/pp discount on your next trip with Denver Adventures|
|Taxes, permits, and entrance fees|
|Beautiful Colorado views|
- Door-to-door transportation included (pickup in greater Denver area)
- Must be 5 years or older.
- Participants must be in good physical condition without activity-limiting medical issues. We welcome persons with disabilities but due to the inherent nature of this activity we will assess each person on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us before booking.
- Bring a camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a small backpack for personal items.
- You will be sent a link to our liability waiver once your adventure is confirmed to fill out online. Waivers will be available when you check in as well.
- Reservations become non-refundable 72 hours before trip departure (2 weeks for group adventures).
- All transportation from downtown Denver and west of Denver, safety equipment, guides, drinks & snacks are included in your adventure!
- All prices include taxes, permits, and entrance fees but a processing fee will be applied at the time of reservation.
- Gratuity for our hard working guides is not included but greatly appreciated.
- If the weather, insufficient number of participants, or other circumstances cause us to cancel your tour, you will be informed by phone and/or email to reschedule or refund.
- This adventure runs rain or shine.